Booker T. Washington Forum Response

Booker T. Wahington's beliefs regarding education/ My important quotes

Booker T. Wahington's beliefs regarding education/ My important quotes

by Suzette Brown -
Number of replies: 0

Washington believes that the importance of educational should not just include normal formal education but also industrial education and duties and responsibilities in creating your own surroundings. Washington believes that it was very important that every student participate in book studies as well as instructions to learn skills from drawing of plans to build structures to electrical fixtures, he believed this was a sure way of empowering the students to embrace their humble beginnings and have expertise in building a life of happiness from nothing to something great. The Tuskegee student is instructed to become a well-rounded individual who learns from failures and experiences, but in the end is very organized, proud, and grateful for what has been accomplished though great struggle.

Quote chapter 10: " I have found that it is the visible, the tangible, that goes a long way in softening prejudices. A person can discuss and print what they can do, however if you actually can see the tangible work accomplished it is ten times more potent than just having conversation that is could be done.