Forum Response: Impactful Education Experiences

Peer Discussion

Peer Discussion

by Isaiah Dotson -
Number of replies: 1

One thing that resonated with me during our class discussion is that I noticed a few students including myself have reenrolled back in college this Fall Semester and have not attended school in 10 plus years. I dropped out of college during my senior year because I was going through an depression and needed to take the time away from school to seek help so that I can get the closed I needed. I wonder if the other students that dropped out and have reenrolled have experience similar circumstances that I endured. I would love to hear more of other students life experiences while taking this course. 

In reply to Isaiah Dotson

Re: Peer Discussion

by Suzette Brown -
I totally agree with you on noticing some of our classmates returning to school after 10 plus years. I left CSU in my junior year and did not return to school for 20 plus years. I left school after the death of my mother and suffered depression for many years. My aunt who is a retired educator tried to motivate and encourage me to continue my education. Only recently did I find my own courage to believe that I could return back to school and work toward my bachelor's degree. I believe my life struggles is a big part of my motivation to achieve my educational goals.