Forum Response: Impactful Education Experiences

Peer discussion

Peer discussion

by Mo'Nay Mosley -
Number of replies: 2

During today's peer discussion I learned how the two classmates that I was paired with had negative experiences with education compared to my positive views. As I was hearing them out I realised how different the school system can be for others and It also opened my eyes to some alternative choices for people after highschool instead of college that are equally beneficial for certain individuals. 

In reply to Mo'Nay Mosley

Re: Peer discussion

by Elissa West-Frazier -
Thank you for your response Mo'Nay. Yes, everyone has a different educational experience.
In reply to Elissa West-Frazier

Re: Peer discussion

by Andrei Rares Negrut -
During our discussion about impactful education experiences, I discovered that many of my peers didn't have particularly great experiences with formal education. They often felt that traditional teaching methods—focused on rote memorization and standardized testing—left them disengaged and unmotivated. It was eye-opening to realize how common it was for them to feel disconnected from their learning, highlighting the need for more interactive and meaningful educational approaches that can truly resonate with students. This made me appreciate even more the value of innovative teaching methods that foster genuine interest and deeper understanding.