Please see the following communication from CSU leadership:
Dear CSU Students,
We know you have questions and concerns about the CSU faculty strike, which we have been told will start as early as Monday, April 3. Our campus is open. All leaders on campus - from the President’s and Provost's Office to our Deans and department chairs - have been working tirelessly to ensure that your classes and services continue uninterrupted. Our primary goal is to support you during this time, and we look forward to seeing you in class on Monday.
Should the union proceed with a strike on Monday morning as it has indicated, you should:
● Attend all classes and labs unless you receive a notice via Moodle or email from the Dean or Department Chair that they have been canceled. Students should check Moodle and their email for information regarding the status of their specific classes.
● Continue to follow your syllabus for each class and timely submit all assignments regardless if your class meets or not.
● If you attend a class and an instructor is not there, please do the following:
○ Wait for at least 15 minutes before leaving;
○ Circulate an attendance sheet;
○ Deliver the attendance sheet to the department or college office.
● Remember that all campus health care facilities and support services will also remain open in the event of a strike.
● Check your CSU email and CSU’s Bargaining FAQs for essential updates.
If you have questions, reach out to:
● Your department Chairperson information can be found here
● Your College Dean information is below and can be found here.
○ College of Arts & Sciences, Dean Elizabeth Davies, email@example.com
○ College of Business, Dean Derrick Collins, firstname.lastname@example.org
○ College of Education, Dean LaVada Taylor, email@example.com
○ College of Health Sciences & Pharmacy, Dean Matthew Fete, firstname.lastname@example.org
○ Graduate School, Dean Devi Potluri, email@example.com
○ Continuing Education, Dean Patrice Boyles, firstname.lastname@example.org
● General questions may be referred to email@example.com. This email address will be monitored daily.
Thank you for your patience and please ask for help if you need it. You can also turn to the following website for questions on CSU's FAQ page.